2008年11月5日 星期三

唱歌學英文 Mariah Carey - Hero

Hero        Mariah Carey
英雄         瑪麗亞凱莉



There's a hero

有一個英雄

If you look inside your heart

如果你檢視自己的內心

You don't have to be afraid of what you are

你不必害怕真正的你

There's an answer

會有一個答案

If you reach into your soul

如果你深入自己的靈魂

And the sorrow that you know will melt away

所有你知曉的煩憂將融化於無形



And then a hero comes alone

然後,英雄獨自前來

With the strength to carry on

帶著努力不懈的力量

And you cast your fears aside

你將恐懼丟在一旁

And you know you can survive

你明白你可以活下去

So when you feel like hope is gone

因此,當你感到希望已杳

Look inside you and be strong

看看自己內心,堅強起來

And you'll finally see the truth

你終將看見真相

That a hero lies in you

英雄就在你心裡



It's a long road

那是條漫長的路

When you face the world alone

當你獨自面對全世界

No one reaches out a hand for you to hold

沒有人對你伸出援手

You can find love

你可以找到愛

if you search within yourself

如果你探尋內心

And the emptiness you felt will disappear

你感受到的空虛將消失無蹤



Lord knows dreams are hard to follow

上帝明白夢想難追

But don't let anyone tear them away

但別讓任何人將它們撕碎

Hold on, there will be tomorrow

堅持下去,還有明天

In time, you'll find the way

你將及時找到正確的路


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

單字

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.cast [kæst] 動詞 (及物) ( cast; cast; casting )

投,擲,拋,扔,撒

He cast a stone into the river.

他向河中投了一塊石子。


2.sorrow [ˈsɑro] 名詞 ( pl. sorrows )

悲痛,悲哀,悲傷,憂傷

She felt sorrow at the death of her aunt.

她對姑母去世感到悲痛。

He was full of sorrow.

他非常傷心。

傷心事,不幸的事;悲傷的原因

The many sorrows turned her hair white.

這許許多多不幸的事使她的頭髮變白了。


3.emptiness [ˈɛmptɪnɪs] 名詞

空虛;無意義;空曠

emotional emptiness

精神空虛


4.lord [lɔrd] 名詞 ( pl. lords )

(大寫)上帝,基督


5.tear [tɛr] 動詞 (及物) ( tore; torn; tearing )

撕開,撕裂;扯破,劃破

He has torn a hole in his shirt.

他的襯衫扯破了一個洞。

She tore the letter into tiny pieces.

她把信撕得粉碎。

拉掉;拔掉;撕掉

I tore a page from my notebook.

我從筆記本上撕下一頁紙來。

使分裂;使精神不安,折磨

He was torn by grief.

他悲傷極了。